Thursday, October 16, 2008

"Lovemaking"

When a man truly makes passionate love with a woman,
such lovemaking is never limited to
sexual intimacy or bedroom booty-calls.
True lovemaking should always be complete,
all-encompassing. I am making love with you
every time I take you to your favorite restaurant,
looking deeply, joyfully, into your lovely eyes as I pay the whole bill
without question. I am making love with you
when I take you to that movie you've been longing to see,
and you rest your head on my shoulder as I
gently put my arm around you. I am making love with you
as we stroll along the beach, hand in hand,
watching the sunset upon the westward oceans.
I am making love with you through the softest touch,
the most passionate kiss, the longest embrace.
I am making love with you every time I comfort you
through your worst trials, every time I forgive you
for your mistakes and faults, every time I tell you
I will neither leave you nor forsake you, and every time
I gently whisper "I love you" into your ear.
I am making love with you because you make love with me,
emotionally, physically, mentally, passionately, joyfully, generously,
faithfully. I am making love with you
every time we deeply gaze into each other's tender eyes
as though we were the last man and woman on Earth,
as though you were my beloved wife,
before and after the wedding altar.
I am making love with you for all the times
you helped me back to my feet when I stumbled and fell.
I am making love with you for all the times
you overlooked my shortcomings and cherished my virtues.
I am making love with you
because you cherished me above every other man.
I am making love with you because you mean more to me
than any other woman in this world,
and treating you like a mere booty-call would be a grievous crime.
And every time I make love with you,
I will always be the gentleman to your lady,
so that there will be absolutely no doubt in anyone's mind
that we are always making love,
no matter where we are.


Copyright (c) 2003, All Rights Reserved

No comments: