Thursday, August 31, 2017

Founded upon Death

I watch as a myriad of people ponder the mundane,
while I instead survey the very foundation that supports us all.
Either they cannot see that where they stand is made of
quicksand,
or they simply refuse to open their eyes, and are morbidly afraid of
the truth,
that there is no such thing as safety
when everyone is mortal,
and there is no such thing as peace
when everyone can die,
and there is no such thing as righteousness
when every last human being can be reduced to nothingness
by the grave. And I am always aware of this
ever-present loneliness,
that even if I do manage to open the door of eternal life,
no one will pass through it with me,
simply because they fear the unfamiliar,
and they blindly trust in their world founded upon death,
a reality where everybody dies,
and no one lives forever.


Copyright © 2017, All Rights Reserved

No comments: